Blog post written by Gary Wright
So I get it, lets all lay down, present our rear ends in the air and hope the machine at least has the courtesy to use some lube. I mean.. Who would dare to be an outcast, a maverick, a believer when we can go to a job we hate for eight, ten, twelve hours a day for minimum wage and use any and every distraction possible to get us through our boring life's. Maybe I'll smash a bottle of whiskey on a Monday! Watch too much telly, could take a trip on ketamine, an evening blowjob, don't forget to take your smart device to the toilet with you! Are we filling our life's with multiple distractions one after another? "what's my life purpose?" you might ponder time form time or the purpose of life in general.
OK maybe I came in a bit too harsh but for good reason, an unfulfilled life nearly killed me! I've drank myself silly in the past! Every evening in my late twenty's through to early thirty's half a bottle of scotch was my way of dealing with the above, because nobody could tell me why I was so unhappy, so unfulfilled, I had to really do some soul searching and now hopefully I can share that with you in a way that will resonate.
The purpose of my life
After reading a s##t load of get rich books on how to become the next Bill Gates I realized they all carried the same message which you've no doubt already heard, you should build a business or career around your hobbies, your one great passion!
Well.. for the majority of us that doesn't work and here's why,
My hobbies in the past have included being a vocalist for an alternative rock band, surfing (as in, the sea with a board) and computers to name a few. Now when I looked into turning music into a career, being realistic I had nothing to offer on a professional level, I mean I was just a local alternative rock singer, I'd need to be a singer with music theory, grades and come from a professional background to even begin thinking about offering private lessons.
You may say, "well open your mind a bit there's more to music then just singing lessons" and you'd be right of course, like selling musical instruments online right!?.. But now In my mind we're jumping into something else, retail! Yes it's still to do with music but a totally different ball game in my opinion.
No doubt we could branch off in all different directions from writing a, how to start a rock band, kindle book to a surf board hire shed but after exploring this way of thinking for many years (what's my life purpose) it just left me very frustrated and confused, never leaving me with a feel good organic business idea I felt compelled to start, especially when the idea was more and more profit driven.
The thinking I believe that will lead you to your life purpose,
Instead of your ideas being profit driven and self obsessed, "oh I just love to go swimming, so I should get to swim everyday! But only if I'm paid a fortune!" Instead We should start looking at what we were born to do.
Say hypothetically a world disaster happened and we had to rebuild society and the newly elected mayor said "you can choose whatever jobs you want people just please make sure it's in line with your abilities and for the next 5 years we'll all share the wealth, everyone will get equal pay and accommodation while we rebuild this city". What would you do?
This isn't an advert for communism I assure you, this thought excitement is purely to free our thoughts from profit so we really can take a minute to ask, what's my life purpose?
I love to sing live with a rock band behind me, the many eyes stair, the feel of the microphone wrapped around my fist, the anticipation in my heart, hours of practice about to come into fruition, then the explosion into song!! simultaneously experiencing a connection to the universe so strong it must be what they call god!
Yeah.. I bloody like singing! But it ain't gonna help no poor African kid If you catch my drift.
So what's my life purpose?
In recent years I've started to look at the world in a different light, f##k the machine! What if I just want to help someone, f##k profits, f##k personal gain and f##k religion! What if I just do something free, with no agenda not even so I can tell people how charitable I am, totally no strings attached, something for as many people possible. What is my gift to the world?" "What's the purpose of my life?"
"Break the prison your head has created for the heart" - Gary Wright
I believe if you look at your life's purpose from a charitable stand point instead of a profit driven self obsessed one, you'll begin to see how you can use your abilities for the good of mankind, THE PURPOSE OF MY LIFE!! Of course incredible wealth and self satisfaction can be earned along the way too! But at least it will be organic! True to you! Sounds like a life worth living to me.
What's my life Purpose? book!! Now available!!
Or alternatively keep reading..
1. Basically just sit down for 30 to 60 minutes a day and do absolutely nothing. Meditate anyway you want to IE traditional meditation with breathing techniques or stick some headphones on and relax outside in the sunshine and take note of the thoughts feelings and ideas that come to you. A lot of companies promote this now to their employees to just chill out and brainstorm and come up with ideas for the company. So it begs the question why wouldn't you use this technique for your own life? This is a great self Discovery tool.
2. Have you ever stopped to think exactly what surrounds you? What going on in your area, county, District you live in? The history of your local people and the future the people want for the area? Listen I personally hate people but It's very easy to live in a bubble especially if we go to the same job and superstore each day. Take a little time to visit new places, open a map on Google and work out your County/District. A paradise could be just around the corner! That you was meant to be living in all this time. Do you even want to live in your area full stop!? Maybe you should move somewhere completely different? Discovering yourself starts with discovering your surroundings.
3. If a comet hit the planet and caused an apocalypse and earth went all Mad Max like, what would you be good at? Would you be more of a hunter or gatherer? And by the way there's no shame in admitting you're a gatherer, surprisingly a lot of people have both in them like myself. The quicker you can be honest with yourself the faster that you'll find out what your life purpose is. For example do you naturally like shooting, fishing, athletics or do you prefer collecting, socializing and building?
4. It's very easy to get confused with our own selfish gratification needs IE the party lifestyle, fast cars, a mansion with 3 swimming pools and what we can actually offer, our real value in the world. For lots of us in the western world our end goal in life seems to be to achieve some kind of celebrity god like status with ultimate wealth. But life truly is about the journey and not the destination. Imagine if some of these great celebrities singers, rappers etc won the lottery before they even started their career, would we have seen their great Talents? What I'm trying to say is forget the luxuries for a second because if what motivates you is a super car or materialistic things in general your energy is misplaced. Your energy should be on your Talent, bringing it to the world and changing people's lives.
5. If you had to do something charitable one or two times a week after work in the evenings and it could be anything what would you like to do? Sit down for 30 to 60 minutes when you get chance and think this through because it could be related very closely to the purpose of your life. For example I like to write, so I could see myself creating and writing C.V.s for homeless people helping them get back on track and landing a new job.
6. Don't confuse skills and hobbies with your life purpose. Just because you're good at golf, cooking or dancing doesn't necessarily mean your life purpose is to teach it because teaching falls into a completely different category. For example when you're playing a sport you're in the moment it's you and your skills. Teaching is about being patient, empathy and communicating effectively. However if you do have a teaching ability and happened to be fantastic at a particular thing this could be your calling.
7. Another mental exercise, if you had everything in the world already and I mean everything, Mansions all around the world, multi-million dollar yachts, super model girlfriends, 10 garages full of super cars, celebrity firends and banks telling you they can't hold anymore more of your money, your too rich!! What would you do with your life, what would be the purpose of life?
When you get a spare 30 minutes just sit and think about it, you have everything already so what would you do? If you think about it hard enough you'd probably just get on with your life purpose.
8. Imagine if your life was a movie and you're the movie star, what would happen next? How would you turn It all Around? People love a good come back story in movies and real life. What would be your come back? Would you join the gym and workout like Rocky to get in top shape while studying for that exam? Would you set up a modest business and turn it into a thriving one within two years? Would you spend hours a day perfecting your Sport so when it comes time to competition you smash everyone?
9. In my opinion is also worth doing a personality test, just type it in Google there's plenty of free ones. It takes about 20 minutes and they usually give you a detailed analysis of what makes you tick and ideal career moves. Remember this doesn't and shouldn't divine you but is just another great tool for finding out a little bit more about yourself. At the end of the day what have you got to lose and it might just spark an idea or two.
10. So thanks for reading and hopefully this gets you thinking in the right direction. On a personal note, I know it's hard, it took me 33 years to realize I like to write and as the title says, what's my life purpose. After the teachers told me I was severely dyslexic and encouraged me to do other more hands-on subjects instead. I grew up hating English and writing because of the teachers and always thought of it as a chore until one day after lots of self discovery techniques I realized I was a natural mediator. And now what with modern day technology I'm finally able to meditate my thoughts into words.
11. Now f##k off!
No gimmicks, No spam, Just me!
Continue reading - How To Stop Binging. Read Here..
We all have that little voice in us, THE TROLL!! It's how we choose to address it that's going to make the difference between succeeding on a diet or not. Read here..